The specifics of these projects are the construction of twelve super-critical coal-fired generating units of 800 MW each, with flue gas desulphurisation technology, making Kusile and Medupi the largest dry-cooled natural coal power plants in the world.
WIDE AREA OF EXPERTISE
By participating in major international projects, we have proven expertise and quality. The basis of our work is the knowledge and ability to respond to all the performance requirements that have been put before us.
The scope of works delivered by ENERGSEN for its partners in South Africa:
- Receiving, sorting, transporting and lifting pipes
- Pre-assembly of piping spools
- Preparation, assembling and welding of boiler connecting tubes
- Preparation, assembling and welding of high-pressure, medium-pressure and low-pressure pipelines
- Preparation, assembling and welding of boiler membrane walls
- Welding of non pressure boiler parts such as piping supports, header supports, pressure piping protection